Registering at Pius X High School
Our registration page contains all the information for new and returning students to register for school and classes at Pius X. If you need assistance, please contact our guidance office by phone at 402-488-0931 or at email@example.com.
Students currently in any diocesan Catholic school, please choose “2019-2020 Returning Student Registration.” You will enter your Snap Code, followed by creating an account for your family. Families new to diocesan Catholic schools will choose “2019-2020 New Student Registration.” You will not need a Snap Code.
Print and return items 3, 4 and 5
Tips for registering for classes
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2023)
- Tips and strategies for choosing ninth-grade classes
- Course planning worksheet
- Course selection considerations (PDF)
The due date for registration for students currently in a Lincoln Catholic grade school is listed below. Counselors will come to your grade school to get all needed papers and the $175 registration fee. Parents and student must sign the Registration Verification Form with all selected courses and bring it with other materials. We will check that the Consent Form has been checked and electronically signed, and that you have completed the demographic information.
Tuesday, Feb. 19
- St. Peter – 9 a.m.
- St. Michael – 10:15 a.m.
- St. Joseph – 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 20
- North American Martyrs – 9 a.m.
- St. Mary – 10:15 a.m.
- Sacred Heart – 11 a.m.
- Cathedral – 1 p.m.
Thursday, February 21
- St. Teresa – 9:15 a.m.
- St. Patrick – 10:45 a.m.
- St. John – 11:30 a.m.
- Blessed Sacrament – 1:30 p.m.
If you are a prospective student not currently in a Lincoln Catholic grade school, please call the Guidance Office at 402-488-0931. We will establish an account for you on PowerSchool so that you can register for courses. It will be helpful for you to schedule a meeting with your counselor (see below) to discuss Pius X and what we have to offer.
Incoming Seniors (Class of 2020)
Incoming Juniors (Class of 2021)
Incoming Sophomores (Class of 2022)
When considering classes
- Challenge yourself to difficult classes, but don’t overwhelm yourself with a too rigorous schedule.
- Developing a four-year plan for courses is advisable and will help ensure that you will be able to take all your desired courses. There is also a 4-year course planning guide for you to complete and keep.
- Graduation requirements are listed in the Pius X High School 2019-2020 Student/Parent Handbook. Please refer to these requirements as you plan your classes for this year and each year. This handbook is online at www.piusx.net under the “Academics” tab.
Remember college requirements
- Many colleges require up to four years of English, Math, Social Studies, and Science, even though we don’t require that much credit for graduation in Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Colleges often require two-years of a single foreign language for admission and may credit students for college requirements if they have taken four years of that same language during high school.
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes are available beginning sophomore year in Art, English, Social Studies, Math and Science. Students must be academically prepared for these classes, have taken the required prerequisites and able to do college-level work. Advanced Placement classes are college-level classes taught by Pius faculty followed by a national test. Colleges determine their acceptance or rejection of AP credit.
Filling out your schedule
- Be sure that you have filled all eight periods of the school day both semesters.
- If you choose to be a teacher assistant, you must still take seven courses each semester. You must complete the assistant form and turn it in with all other registration documents. It is in the Guidance Office.
- Be mindful of your extra-curricular and out-of-school schedules. Do you need a study hall? Will you use it effectively? If you choose to register for a study hall, you will be able to choose them in “Miscellaneous Courses.” Remember, you will have an automatic 20 minute study hall during 5th period each day.