Reference books may be checked out overnight.
All other books are checked out for 15 school days.
Periodicals are checked out for one week.
Grades will be held until library materials are returned or paid for.
Monday through Thursday 7:50 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday 7:50 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
$.25 a day for non-reference items
$1 a day for reference materials
Articles from newspapers, magazines, professional journals, government documents. Subjects limited to “social issues”, such as education, ethics, religion, work, consumerism, death and dying, pollution, crime, ethnic groups, etc. May be accessed at Pius X High School and Lincoln City Libraries. *Electric Library: Offers more than 2,000 full-text sources, with improved functionality, and a fun and easy-to-use search interface. Includes magazines, newspapers, books, television/radio transcripts, maps, pictures, and audio/video clips.
A service from the Nebraska Library Commission, provides several databases including: Biographies, Nebraska Memories, Fiction Connections. Other databases available include resources for magazines, genealogy, business information and web sites recommended by librarians.
World Book Online
Access World Book Encyclopedia. Please see Mrs. Buckley, the newsletter, Mrs. Kunzman or your classroom teacher for log-in ID and password.
More great resources:
USA.gov: The US Government’s Official Web Portal. Special links for teens. Info on: student aid, passports, income taxes, tourism, elected officials, MUCH MORE!
Nebraska.Gov: Official Nebraska Government. Special features include Capitol Live, Nebraska Facts, virtual tour of the Capitol, Nebraska Blue Book online edition. Info. on Department of Motor Vehicles, legislative bills, elected officials, etc.
PoemHunter.com: Great source for poetry. Find by author, title, subject and more
Bartleby.com: Great Books online. Free access to literature, reference and verse.
Bibliographic citation help:
BibMe: Fast and Easy Bibliography Maker. Bibliographic styles include: MLA, APA, Chicago and Turabian.
- Arts and Humanities Through the Eras eBook version. Ed. 1
- New Catholic Encyclopedia eBook version. Ed. 2
- Scribner Writers Online British Writers Collection. Ed. 1
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa eBook version. Ed. 1
- Encyclopedia of Food and Culture eBook version. Ed. 1
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution eBook version. Ed. 2
- The Middle Ages: An Encyclopedia for Students eBook version. Ed. 1
- Human Diseases and Conditions eBook version. Ed. 2
- Twayne’s Authors Online U.S. Authors, World Authors and British Authors – Updated Edition. Ed. 1
- Shakespeare for Students eBook version. Ed. 2