Pius X Senior Service Hour Program
Faith in action is love, and love in action is service. By transforming that faith into living acts of love, we put ourselves in contact with God Himself, with Jesus our Lord.
-Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta
The purpose of the program is to give students an experience of faith in action and to promote a desire for humble service to the community and those in need. The program offers students the opportunity to promote the common good in accordance with Catholic social teaching and to serve the least of our brothers (Mt. 25:31-40). This includes practicing the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy, imitating Christ’s love through cheerful giving, and being active members of society. By sharing their time and talents with others, students will experience the fruit of love and the joy of living Christian holiness.
As service is an important element of the Catholic education and experience at Pius X High School, seniors are expected to complete a service requirement in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and to receive a diploma. The following guidelines apply:
- Complete and submit a minimum of 36 hours of volunteer service.
- Hours may only be completed at a pre-approved organization (see “Approved Hours and Organizations”).
- All hours must be submitted online through the service website with valid supervisor contact information.
- A short reflection (3-5 sentences minimum) must be submitted online for each project.
- At least 9 hours must be submitted each quarter and are worth 10% of the theology grade per quarter.
- October 12th, 2018 – 9 hours completed for 1st quarter
- December 14th, 2018 – 9 hours completed for 2nd quarter; 18 total hours for semester one
- March 7th, 2019 – 9 hours completed for 3rd quarter; 27 total hours completed
- May 10th, 2019 – 36 total hours
**Students who do not submit all 36 hours by May 10th will not be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony and will not receive a diploma until all hours are completed.**
Recording Hours for Credit
- All service hours must be accurately recorded online at www.x2vol.com.
- Students must submit the email address and phone number of the project supervisor for verification. It is the student’s responsibility to remind supervisors of the online verification process. Once verification is received from the project supervisor, hours will be eligible for approval by the Campus Minister.
- Students are encouraged to submit hours immediately following each service project and to complete hours prior to the deadlines.
International and Transfer Students
- International and transfer students are only required to complete 18 total hours of service.
- Quarterly deadlines DO NOT apply. All 18 hours must simply be completed and submitted by the final deadline on May 10th, 2019.
- All other guidelines apply.