Membership in the St. Pius X Legacy Society is available to anyone who informs the Pius X Foundation that they have included Pius X in their will or made our school the beneficiary of any other form of deferred gift.
Starting in the spring of 2019, Pius X Foundation will offer annual workshops for continuing education in estate planning and charitable giving. Sessions will be led by qualified professionals and will be designed for anyone desiring information on planned giving options.
For example, gift annuities offer many benefits for the donor and organization.
- Gift annuity rates range from between 5-11 percent, depending on your age.
- If you have stock or another appreciated asset you can contribute it to a gift annuity and avoid capital gains.
- You receive annual payments.
- You fund it with cash, securities, tangible property or real estate.
- Your annual income depends on your age.
- You receive an income tax deduction for a portion of the value of your gift the year you make it.
- If you desire to make a gift but need stable annual income, a gift annuity is an option.
- The asset you use to fund your gift annuity is removed from your estate, saving you possible estate taxes.
Gift types include:
- cash, stock, bonds, mutual funds,
- will bequests,
- gift annuities,
- life income agreements (trusts, charitable gift annuities),
- beneficiary of retirement accounts or life insurance,
- real estate, and more.