Give to Pius X Day - Oct. 23, 2018
Give to Pius X Day is a one-day event to help supporters make their donation or pledge to the Fund for Pius X. Many former students will remember the annual phone-a-thon each fall. This online giving day replaced that effort in 2017, and we were blessed with many new donors and a successful first-year venture.
Jesus’ commission to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Mt 28:19) is challenging, but there are many ways to make disciples. You can touch the lives of approximately 1,250 students, 16 priests, 3 religious sisters, and more than 100 faculty and staff through your investment in Pius X High School. While the cost to attend a Catholic school in our area now averages $12,153 per year, Pius X is a tremendous value with average tuition and fees of only $2,318 – but keeping tuition affordable is only possible with your support.
Thanks to the generous support of people like you, we are succeeding in our mission to enrich the mind, heart, and soul of each student. Below are a few specific examples:
We provide academic excellence to prepare students for a meaningful, faith-filled life.
- Pius X students have a 99% graduation rate, and 94% enroll in college.
- Pius X High School’s ACT scores have outperformed every other high school in Lincoln
- Our students gave a total of 11,232 hours in service to our community last year.
We are addressing Lincoln’s growing demand for high quality Catholic education.
- To ensure that every student who desires a Catholic education can attend, we are providing 16 new classrooms, while continuing to offer tuition assistance for families.
- Thanks to our community’s generosity, the Monsignor James D. Dawson Learning Center is expected to open fall 2019.
We are forming future priests and religious to serve in Lincoln and beyond.
Pius X graduates are answering God’s call to serve the Church here in Lincoln and throughout the world, with:
- 25 alumni currently in religious formation, including 41% (16 of 39) Diocese of Lincoln seminarians, and
- 54 priests or women religious alumni.
Your support truly makes a difference for the next generation of disciples. Your generosity will ensure that Pius X Catholic High School remains a very special place of learning and faith formation for every student who wishes to be part of the Pius X family.