Based on the dignity and value of every human person and the command of Christ that we “love one another” (John 13:34), Pius X High School demands and fosters an environment free from any form of harassment or bullying, either verbal or written. Behaviors proscribed by this policy include but are not limited to
- Unwelcome touching
- Spreading rumors
- Making threats or demeaning comments of a sexual, physical or psychological nature
- Exhibiting suggestive, sexual, psychological, or racial gestures, looks, jokes, or comments
- Pressuring of any type for money, grades, status, position, or sexual activity
Depending on the intensity, frequency, and duration of the offense, a violation of this policy will result in serious consequences including, but not limited to, formal dismissal from Pius X High School.
- A minimum of one detention
- One day of ISS
- Expulsion from Pius X High School
Students who feel they are victims of any form of harassment or bullying or feel they are witness to it should report it immediately to school officials without fear of retribution.